The Lost Gandhi

If you follow me on Instagram or snapchat and had seen my story last week, you probably know what this blog is about. Yet, I guess you should keep reading as this won't disappoint.
To begin with, if you are a fan of the independence period or if you are a strong believer in the 'Mahatma', this one is for you. 
There is a little-known place called,'Mani Bhuvan' in Mumbai. It is located in near proximity of the Grant Road station. You could google rest of the details here.
Before we begin, let me tell you all why this place is really close to my heart.
As a child or somewhere in the process of growing up, this place played a vital role in shaping me into a better human being. This is the place where we bid a strong goodbye to my stage fear and also discovered that I had some average speaking skills which are lost somewhere these days! Ghosh, I miss the stage now! But yes, this is where I learnt how you address a good audience and how you keep them interested throughout your session. However, that all is secondary, this place helped me know the 'Mahatma' in a way none of my history textbooks could help me know him. Also, a big thank you to my teachers who made me realize the existence of this place.
I visited this place last week after a long gap. The gap might be of above 5-6 years and that's when I realized how much better I was as a child rather than now but situations change us right? Let's leave that for another blog post.

MANI BHUVAN
It is the place where Gandhiji stayed every time he was at Mumbai. A little two-storeyed building on a quiet, peaceful road is where he would come and reside while planning for the major battles he was to face in life ahead for the freedom struggle. Imagine if that place could motivate the Mahatma so much, what magic would it have on you!!
This place is now open to all the visitors for informational and educational purposes. Also, worry not, the entry is free!
Housing a library on the ground floor followed by the staircases covered with pictures or moments of Gandhi's life and two big hallways kept for competitional reasons - is a mere description of this place.
The final second floor houses a museum depicting Mahatma's life in the most interesting way possible. The floor also contains Mahatma's room and his basic daily life necessities.
If you are in Mumbai (or Bombay as I prefer calling it), do visit this beautiful, motivational, inspirational place and trust me it will not disappoint you. Also, it will take hardly 30-40 minutes to visit this place fully and for what its worth, it housed the same person who is printed on every currency note.
Attaching pictures and some videos from my last trip there, hope they are attractive enough.







In case you visit there, do tag us or mail us the pictures and share your feedback too.
Also, this post is not promotional or in collaboration with anyone or anything, just mere feelings taking a highway!

Alvida,
(Bye)
See you soon! Let me know in the comments if you have visited or are planning to visit here!
Thank you for your constant support! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Results!!

Maa: A blessing in three words :)

The Lost Best Friend