Eclair Little Secret



Have you ever faced a situation wherein you think that it is all fine and good in your head but all it takes is just one picture of them and you'd definitely spiral back? You'd go back so much that you'd get lost and all you would ever want is to bring that person back into your life. But what do you do when that person is no more on Earth? Its almost midnight right now and yes, you guessed it right, it was a photo that made me write this but what do you do when something drives your sleep away? I keep myself sane and all good in my head but why does it always happen that it just takes one photo of you and I got back to that same day. Out of all the time that we have spent together, I don't know why but there is something about that day that keeps popping up in my head and that is somehow the only memory I can associate with you. Maybe it was one of the best days we spent together, one of those days wherein I was the happiest I had ever been or maybe as a child I could not remember much, I'll never know. It took me so little to be happy that day. All it took was for you to pick me up after school when the bus dropped me at my stop. You calmly held my hand in one of yours and my school bag in the other. As we walked towards home, you bought me an eclair even when you knew mom would never let me eat one. Maybe eclair was one of our thousand little secrets. I would never eat anything else for lunch apart from the same thing that was there on your plate. You liked to eat khichdi and somehow that had ended up being my patent lunch too. But who knew that every morsel of khichdi I took after you left would always remind me of you. I would never sleep at the noon and you knew dadi would want her beauty sleep so you would ask me out each afternoon to your office and I would agree to join you in a blink because I loved spending all my time with you. You would give me a chair next to you at your office which was nothing but a 7x7 cabin surrounded by people all around. All those people who loved having me around because you loved me. As evening came and the sun began to set, it was our cue to go home but it was also a cue for you that I might be hungry and you would simply buy me two things, TWO THINGS I'D CHERISH FOR LIFE - a vada pav and a bottle of Fanta. It was all it took to make my day. Maybe it wasn't the things but 'YOU' that made my day. We would walk our way home and maybe finish a chore or two as we walked back home. We would have dinner and you'd try to feed me one hot morsel at a time. Later, we would binge-watch all those boring shows and you were the only cooler one in the house who would actually allow me to watch tv even when it was late at night. You also made it a point to watch all of those with me. You were my partner in crime and my forever hand to hold while I hogged on vada pav.
However, I realised it only takes me three things to be happy- vada pav, fanta and you. Sadly, I have everything but you,daadu.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Results!!

Maa: A blessing in three words :)

The Lost Best Friend